Tuesday 22 July 2008

Three weeks on and the lies continue

Well, here we are coming to the end of July and I still do not have my refund.
I came close on several occasions. There's a whole load of new e-lies they have spun, adding weight to my case against them if ever this goes to court (which I suspect it might!).

To cut to the chase, on 3rd July I was told they would be making a transfer into my account on 4th July. Never happened. Then on 15th July I was told the transfer had been made. Well, it's the 22nd now and today when I chased them again they told me that a cheque was to be paid in this afternoon. Then, for some bizarre reason, they emailed back to say that they would not be dictated to, that the cheque was not to be paid in and that the boss, a cowboy called Christopher Knox (who claims to be very well connected in the TV and commercials world), was going to drive down from North Yorkshire to Hampshire to collect the dolly and give me my refund in cash.

So, I've asked him to be here at 9.30 tomorrow morning when I have a crew meeting taking place so he can demonstrate to me how good his dolly really is.

Not that that is what I am threatening court action over - I really don't care how rubbish the dolly they sent me is. My action is because he has had my money since February and has not supplied me with the item I ordered and paid for. My solicitors have advised them that the incorrectly sent dolly is being held in lien against the debt.

I suspect they are worried because Studio and Stage is apparently a partnership made up of something like 14 partners - all of whom are jointly and severally liable for the debt. When they threatened to pay me back at £1 a week they were told that this would require the court to investigate ALL their individual financial circumstances. Also, because they have consistently refused to provide me wit hdetails of the individual partners, my lawyers have told them we will hire a private investigator - the costs of which will be included in the claim.

All in all, they contunie to demonstrate unbelievable ignorance, arrogance and sheer, bewildering foolishness in the way they have handled a legitimate customer complaint. They haven't supplied me with what I paid for. Full stop.

And to cap it all, I am a 'little shit', a 'fuckwit' and it's me who's up on his high horse! Charming. What excellent customer service.

No comments: